Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Catching Up - Part IV: Floor System

Ok, after reading this post you will be up to speed. The last few pictures in this series were taken when I left the job site at 7:30 this morning. Instead of a traditional stick-built floor, we decided to use engineered I-joists. They went up extremely fast, saved us lots of time and labor costs, and gave us the strongest floor you can build.

Laminated beams that support the I-joists

Bundles of I-joists


Maynard (the crew leader, in the cap) and David, 2 of our carpenters


Double laminated beams, 15-ply each


David putting treated lumber around the perimeter of the block wall


View from the road with all of the I-joists in place


Floor decking as it began to go down


View of the golf course


This gives you an idea of the elevation of the back of the house


Maynard gluing down the sub-floor decking


Ami taking a picture of me from underneath the floor


No comments: